Friday, July 25, 2008

Why So Serious?

I know everyone's been buzzing about the new holonovel, The Dark Knight. It's a new adventure from an extremely old character-Batman. He comes from the 20-21st century's obsession with "Superheros," and that love for the extraordinary has carried over the years to the 24th.

Needless to say, it was absolutely FANTASTIC. Very, very dark and it really questions the human race in general, but it was so. Good. I've already run the program twice and I hope I can run it again! I know my crew really enjoyed it as well.

The story's main villain is The Joker, a fearless character who, according to Alfred, has no reason for what he does, because "some people just want to watch the world burn."

A central theme in the story is that "You either die the hero, or are the hero for so long that you find yourself as the villain." I found great truth in this, and it made for a great plot. Through both Batman's (The Dark Knight) and Harvey Dent's (The White Knight) struggles, especially- one starts off as a villainous hero, and the other as a heroic villain. From where they start to where they end, coupled with the Joker's "social experiments," make for a deeply questioning story.


Well done, everyone.

2 comments:

Tara said...

We went to see that a week ago. I thought it was good but creepy.

Mum and Dad said...

I agree!

Grandma xx