Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tennis Camp

Hello again.

I'm sure most of you have heard of the Terran game of tennis- it was invented in the late 19th century and has been a popular Earth sport ever since. The Vulcans, particularly, enjoy tennis and as we are rendezvousing with a Vulcan ship soon I thought I'd improve my game a bit. I played tennis at the Academy, but just engaged in a holodeck program yesterday which can improve my skill. I'm enjoying it quite a bit, even if my legs are a bit sore! I also love the program because of the coaches- they are soooo stereotypical Australian(an ancient Earth country and culture). The Vlinder computer really outdid itself on this one!




Holodeck program




My two favorite coaches, Mark and Nigel

5 comments:

Liesa said...

Looks like fun. What's the deal with Aussie coaches? At least you will be able to understand their accents.

Kira J Bard said...

Aussies are just that awesome. =D

Of course it's okay for you to read my blog! That's what they're for, right?

Becca Ricks said...

BEK I love that you have a blog...keep me updated all summer.

ps. I am a huge closet trekkie. we have so much to talk about.

Tara said...

I'm so jealous you get to play tennis. I've wanted to learn for so long. Greg and I have tried a couple of times to play but I still haven't been able to master that whole, hitting the ball over the net and getting it into the lines, thing. I do love watching it though.

Mum and Dad said...

Hey Captain, how are your skills holding up with the tennis. I'd love it if you could coach the Admiral and I next time you are over at Starbase Command.

G.xx