Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mt. Rushmore (and the rest of South Dakota)





The walkway of flags.

Through a crack in a rock.

Despite these warnings, I still leaped into the enclosed area to retrieve my sunglasses.
We also stopped by the Crazy Horse memorial.

The scale model



As we left, I thought that the clouds rather looked like the memorial itself.



There was also an excavation site along our trip





And several types of animal life.



And, of course, the view really was astounding.

















Your funny moment for the day:

3 comments:

Tara said...

I'm so jealous of the road trip you guys are doing - it sounds fantastic. We went to Mt. Rushmore in 2003 and loved it. There also some of the largest caves in the world in South Dakota - did you get a chance to go to any? I guess it would have been tough to do with the little ones.

Kira J Bard said...

no. it was tought enough to do anything with the small ones!

Mum and Dad said...

Wow Rebekah, great photos. Yes, I could see the resemblance to the monument in the clouds. Good eye. One of the places I would love to take a trip to with Grandalf.

Love you,
Grandma xx