Sunday, July 13, 2008

"Girl's Camp"

Hello!
As many of you probably know, I was at a training camp for the past week. It was in the woodlands, very rugged and very "old school." We didn't even have replicators or shelters! We had to sleep in "tents"- a portable, fabric shelter. it was rather nice though- barely anything separating you from nature, and your roots. I could see the skies very clearly and was able to see the locations of several different spaceports I'd been to!


Needless to say, it was lots of fun. Here are some of the activities we participated in:
My first officer Jesse after a "pie-eating contest." She got very sick.

One of our leaders- all of them were absolutely fantastic.

They even choreographed a dance for us:



They took us on a "hike"- a walk through really rugged nature. It was very exhausting but very enjoyable. Trina kept hiding behind a tree. She had me reaching for my non-present phaser every time. Really got my adrenaline running!

Our self-defense teacher, my first officer, Jesse, our "camp mama," affectionately nicknamed 'Suga Mama,' and yours truly.

She had a math shirt on- the "FOIL method".

A hand-to-hand combat/self defense lesson. Far more effective than any holodeck program I've ever taken, but that's just my opinion.



The elbow is a far more effective weapon than a fist, because there's more power in it and no nerve endings!

Practicing.

My first officer and a friend of ours- she serves on the Yamato as an engineer.

There was an INTENSE kickball game. If you don't know what that is, it's okay. It died out in the 1990's...but all of us knew it and played a fantastic game.

My dear friend Trina encouraging her teammates.



We had an INTENSE Twilight discussion/debate for a good 30-45 minutes.

It really got our blood pumping!

We had lots of fun the last night- and barely any sleep!


We also fit about 12 people into an 8 person tent- I do believe it's a new record.

And we also "toilet papered" (another ancient Earth tradition) the leader's tent.


They thought we did a very good job.

2 comments:

Mum and Dad said...

Once again, it looked like fun. But not enough photos of YOU, Captain. You really ought to have some of your 'away team' take charge of the camera and record some of you 'down there' for your report.

Love, the Admiral's wife xx

Mum and Dad said...

P.S. You DID do a good job of the tent.